Thursday, May 21, 2009

What is a Value Architect?

Someone asked me at sapphire what a Value Architects role is in BI.
A Value Architect is a strategist for attaining the same acronym BVA (Business Value Attainment).

My primary goal has been to raise awareness of the value of good planning, knowledge, decisions based on BVA checks and balances, i.s. assure business value at the end of the tunnel.

My secondary goal is to assist customers maximize their business value benefits that can be derived from a fundamental methodology and process oriented data warehouse management and administration - review Value Attainment.

My third priority is to work directly with clients to attaine P1 and P2.

I remain technology agnostic, though frankly have a SAP bias, as have worked with SAP BIW, BW, BI, BW and probably to become BIW so its a full circle, form the last 10 years. Worked with Informaix and Oracle Data Warehouses for 4 years prior to that. BVA is my goal and technology and IT are mostly service providers.

i have a short checklist that lets you evaluate if you need a BI Business Value Architect or not.
Hope that answers the questions.

No comments: